Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Easy Recipe: Mexican Lasagna Casserole

Here's an easy recipe Carey from Web Digest Weekly passed along to me:

Mexican Lasagna (casserole)

1.5 lbs ground beef
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 8oz. jar Pace picante sauce
1 bag of tortilla chips
1 bag shredded cheddar cheese

1 - Brown the ground beef and drain.

2 - In a sauce pan, combine cream soups and picante sauce. Cook on medium-high heat until bubbling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.

3 - Crush tortilla chips. In a casserole dish, put half the bag of crushed chips in the bottom.

4 - Add ground beef over chips.

5 - Pour soup-picante sauce over ground beef.

6 - Layer the cheese across top of sauce and add the rest of the chips.

7 - Bake at 350 degrees for twenty minutes.

OPTIONAL SUGGESTION: As I told my friend, I done a little improvising and added taco spices as I was cooking the ground beef. And I used the bite-size tortilla chips, so I didn't have to bother with crushing them. Chopped green onions could also be sprinkled over the shredded cheese as you're layering the casserole.

No comments: